Tuesday, August 28, 2012

WW Project - Month 4

Month four of the WW Project was a big month for me - I'm excited to share that as of Aug. 23, I've lost 26 pounds. I'm back in the clothing I was wearing before leaving the corporate beast in 2009. I'm feeling good, I feel like I have a new wardrobe.

I should have hit the 30 to 40 pound might by this point, but I admit I had a few opportunities.

Opportunities ... one of the most overused words used by corporate professionals. In the fourth month, I found myself getting bored with the food I was eating. I don't crave things like I used to, but I was just getting to be too much of a creature of habit.

I didn't embrace vegetables like I had planned on doing, but I am drinking a lot of water. At book club, I decided I needed to start looking at eating veggies as a need not a want. I ate asparagus. It wasn't bad, but I will be shocked if you ever hear me say something like, "asparagus would really hit the spot."

My traditional lunch - ham and cheese sandwich with Baked Lays - has had a mini makeover. I changed it to just the ham, a Laughing Cow cheese wedge, a pickle and Baked Lay or Triscut Thins. It's less points and I like it just as well.

My emotional eating habits have changed a bit - I'm more alert to the urge to emotionally eat. I've started to somewhat reward myself by making it through the emotional eating days. I find that when I emotionally eat it tends to be a day long thing - anything within reach is fair game. Once I realized this, I decided instead of giving in to that and just eat something that really didn't satisfy me that would treat myself at the end of the day. My treat is an ice cream cone from Dairy Queen. I love a cones of chocolate ice cream. Oddly enough, I'm often 'over it' by the end of the day and don't follow through with the treat.

Until next month ...


No comments: