Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Welcome to My Blog

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog, Togglewire. Togglewire is also the name of my jewelry business.

My "real job" is as a senior marketing and communications manager for a Fortune 500 (really Fortune 10) company. Like most, I work too many hours and laugh at the concept "work-life-balance."

I've taken a short break from the corporate job to take care of myself ... which included my first visit to a therapist. Yes, the stress finally did a number on me. My therapist recommended journaling. I knew at that moment, she was the therapist for me.My therapist is Jan, and I usually feel like I'm visiting with my mother. Like my mom, Jan is in her 60s, has three children and has been married for more than 45 years.

What You Can Expect from Togglewire
  • Thoughts--very random-- of mine
  • Things to talk about with others
  • Lessons I've learned I've learned in my corporate job
  • Appreciation of others
  • Useless or maybe useful HR and Corporate speak
  • Normal--my new normal--coping with the loss of my nephew, Cole Michael Sidwell

Thanks for your time!

5 comments:

hobie666 said...

What is normal? I look at other people and wonder how they do it, but then I realize they are no better than I am. Does that mean that all of us are messed up or is that actually normal?

hobie666 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Just Vanessa said...

Well sis, normal is relative to the person and their lifestyle and surroundings. The "new normal" is something I picked up on a website about grief.

Steph said...

I think this is a great idea! I hope it will be what you need. I'm also excited to read your random thoughts and to keep up on how you are. Happy blogging.........I will check back often.

sillysully said...

v - glad you are doing this. i hope it helps. i hate not being able to "be there for you" physically during these last few months. i've bookmarked you!